1. In what way/s are you involved with THE NAKED I: RECOGNIZE/D? This will be my very first time performing in a play of any kind, ever. I’m performing in a piece called “Portrait of Infertility” by M. Hendrickx.
2. Why is it important to tell the stories in THE NAKED I? The Naked I tells stories for and about the LGBTQ+ community that can help make people feel seen and heard. It’s important for people to see that their feelings and experiences are more normal than maybe society or their community shows them.
3. What social issues are important to you and how do they inform your work? Black Lives Matter. A reason I wanted to be involved is that I feel like 20% Theatre does a good job of trying to ensure that not only one type of story is told, and that they are also mindful when hiring and casting to ensure people in those stories are being represented.
4. What other artists or shows have inspired you? I have been to many pieces put on by 20% Theatre Company, and I also love going to musicals. My admiration for theatre and the different ways that artists can make one feel inspired me to try it for myself.
5. When not involved in this production, how do you spend your time? What are some of your hobbies? I’m currently in the last phase of my grad program and work full-time, but whenever those aren’t taking up my time I enjoy spending time with family and friends, especially when there’s snow on the ground!
6. Finish this sentence: I feel the most naked when… Trying something new in front of strangers! Awkward!
THE NAKED I: RECOGNIZED performs February 2-11 at Minnsky Theatre. Click here for more information and to reserve tickets now!